Warm up your thumbs for some frantic retro space blasting. Get that nostalgic feeling of ‘Just one more go!’ Grab a mate, charge up your controllers and remember to blink as you blast your way to the boss and beyond. The massive feature-packed ‘Turbo’ edition of Super Mega Space Blaster Special is blasting its way on to consoles. With more game modes, more space blasters, a huge shop, upgradable power-ups, warp engines, more original music and loads more this truly is the definitive version of the easy to play hard to master space blaster.
“Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo is simple, addictive and most importantly a blast to play. A lot of effort has gone into making this game, borrowing from classics but adding its own spin at every opportunity. There is a bucket load of content to keep you interested and the hook of ‘just one more run’ will have you coming back for more. Super Mega reaffirms the notion that a budget price point doesn’t have to mean corners are being cut.” – 8/10
Two Beard Gaming (TBG) – read the review
OUT NOW! on Nintendo Switch™, PS4™ & Steam(Win/Lin/Mac)
***Coming to Xbox One on February 12, pre-order from January 29!***
Save Humanity from the Brink of Extinction
Earth is all but dead, an almost uninhabitable polluted mess of smog and tar. Remotely control space blasters from a dying Earth. Fight in epic space battles against all kinds of weird alien spacecraft. Wipe-out the alien forces and take-over their planet to give humanity a new home. Time is running out. Do you have what it takes to become the ultimate space blaster pilot and the saviour of the human race?
Super Mega Gameplay
A modern take on the retro arcade shoot ’em up (shmup). Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo is an addictive, fast-paced, easy to pick-up hard to master space blaster with bullet hell elements, loads of unlockables, and leaderboards to climb. The ‘Turbo’ edition of Super Mega Space Blaster Special is the definitive edition giving you more ships, more game modes, more unlockables, more challenges, and more space blasting fun than ever before. Blast your way through 5 unique game modes including 2 new Turbo edition modes. Save cute blastronauts and destroy the boss to claim victory in ‘Save The Colony’ mode. Manage your fuel and ammo to survive to the big-boss in ‘Survival’ mode. Protect your mothership from damage for as long as you can in ‘Protect Mother’ mode. Blast your friends into space dust in local competitive multiplayer modes ‘To The Death’ mode and the new ‘One Shot’ mode.
Space Blaster Turbo News
- Update Coming to Fix Trophy Issue in Space Blaster on PS4™
- Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo Blasts on to Switch, PS4 & Steam
- Space Blaster Special Turbo – Retro Roots
- Fast-paced addictive shmup gameplay with bullet hell elements.
- 5 play modes give varied gameplay and replay-ability.
- Play alone in single player or with a friend in local cooperative or local competitive multiplayer.
- Collect coins to unlock all 15 space blasters (ships) each with their own perks. From fast ships for darting around to slower ships that allow precision aiming.
- Some space blasters have turrets, turning the game into a twin-stick shooter.
- Each platform has an exclusive space blaster.
- Loads of awesome power-up weapons to help you take down your enemies including lasers, homing missiles, and multi-shot.
- Use your coins in the shop to upgrade weapons and unlock more perks.
- Collectables to aid you in your mission. Big-bombs wipe-out nearby enemies, shields help you survive longer, and magnets drag fuel and ammo towards you.
- Endless high-score chasing gameplay with over 15 enemies and a boss for those who can score high enough (gameplay continues after the boss).
- Over 40 in-game challenges to help you gain coins and develop your space blaster piloting skills.
- Simple hand-drawn art-style allows you to easily pick out the foes amongst the asteroids.
- Compete to be the greatest space blaster pilot in the leaderboards.
- Play along to the pumping 80s inspired synth-pop original soundtrack by Electric Fan Death.
“Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo is a wonderful addition to the original and will have you playing till the wee hours of the night. The game left me with one of the biggest smiles a video game has ever put on my face.”” – 90%
Wala Wala Games – read the review
“Visually, it’s an indie treat. It’s not a typical pixel art budget title but hand-drawn. For the price, it’s a no-brainer if you’re up for a classic shooter in the mould of Asteroids. There aren’t any gimmicks here, just quality gameplay mechanics that will have you coming back for repeat plays… an excellent title for the Switch.” – 4/5
The Vulgar Knight – read the review
“All in all, this is a super addictive little retro-inspired title that, while perfectly suited to playing in quick five or ten-minute bursts, can, if you’re not careful, suck you in for hours on end with its one-more-go score chasing and achievement completing appeal… it should offer most an absolute bargain.” – 4/5
The Switch Effect – read the review
“Overall, we’re looking at a top-notch indie arcade action shooter for just five bucks. What are you waiting for?” – 8/10
JP’s Switch Mania – read the review (4th game in indie b-side review list)
Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo Copyright © 2019-2020 Bare Knuckle Development Ltd Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo “PlayStation Family Mark” and “PlayStation” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc