We’ve just released update 1.02 for the PlayStation®4 version of Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo. The update will be released on Xbox One before its Xbox launch on 12th February 2020. All the content will come to Nintendo Switch™ and Steam as well. It adds some content asked for by the community, and fixes a bug that prevented a trophy from unlocking which prevented the platinum trophy from unlocking. With the release of this update all challenges are now achievable and all trophies are unlockable.
- Fixes issue where a Space Mission would not complete which prevented a trophy/achievement from unlocking.
- A number of issues with certain challenges not completing under certain conditions are now fixed.
- Fixes issue where the same music track would play every game.
- Corrects a couple of typos.
- Adds new space backgrounds which are randomly selected on game start.
- Adds a new font to make some text easier to read.
- Changes in-game ammo collectables colour to yellow to make them easier to differentiate from the asteroids.
- Adds trophy/achievement text support for multiple languages: English, German, French & Dutch (more to come in further updates).
Gamers Lead the Way
Many of the fixes and improvements were made because of player feedback and we want to thank all the players for helping us improve the game. We also want to give a massive thank you to Patrick “AvengedEvil” Kainer, Eddy Witte, and Loïc “ElNino” J. for their help translating the trophies/achievements and store pages. The game should be coming to the Austrian, German, Dutch, French, Belgium, and Canadian PS Stores soon and corresponding Microsoft Xbox Stores on release. Without the people named above this would not be possible and we are so grateful for their hard-work and support; truly awesome people.
Now that the PS4™ update is live I’m off to get the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and Steam updates ready for release. Looking forward to seeing some people get their well deserved platinum trophies and seeing the Xbox version launch. Getting back to work on The Flawless: Art’s Tale seems to get further and further away and I can’t wait to lose myself in its world of cats again. But got more space blasting to do for now and that’s always fun. See you in space. To keep up to date with everything BKD join the Discord or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Rating: ESRB E, PEGI 3+
- Price: $4.99, £3.99, €4.39, A$6.60 (prices based on Nintendo Switch eShop pricing and may differ slightly on other platforms)
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 , Xbox One, & Steam(Win/Lin/macOS)
- Grab a copy on Nintendo Switch from UK/EU eShop
- Buy on Nintendo Switch from US eShop
- Purchase on PS4 from PlayStation Store
- Get Space Blaster on Xbox One
- Buy on Steam
Ste Wilson is a director, game developer, and programmer at Bare Knuckle Development Ltd. When not coding away on BKD games he can be found playing video games on console and PC. He also makes music under the music maker name of ‘Electric Fan Death’ and loves playing guitar, writing tunes, and producing music.